Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Sore Loser !!

Two men yesterday appeared in the Georgetown Magistrates’ Court before Acting Chief Magistrate Melissa Robertson for assault and unlawful wounding charges. Edson Noel, a 23- year- old conductor of Prince William Street, Plaisance, and Mark Hopkinson a 27- year- old minibus driver of North Ruimveldt, Georgetown, both pleaded not guilty to the charges.It is alleged that on October 19 in Georgetown, Noel unlawfully and maliciously wounded Mark Hopkinson. It is also alleged that on Sunday October 19 Hopkinson assaulted Noel so as to cause him actual bodily harm. Noel told the court that on the day in question, he and Hopkinson were gambling (I thought gambling was illegal) and he told him that he was finished.

“ I de moving off and he snatch de money and put it in he pocket,’’ the man recalled.
“ I push me hand in he pocket and then he lash me with a bottle and I lash he in he face and he get cut,’’ Hopkinson, in his version of the story, told the court that he had travelled with Noel and had some money for him." I tell he that I going and get de money to give he and then I get de money and give he,’’ the man said.He added that suddenly Noel ran up to him with a bottle and hit him on his face a little distance from his left eye; he had to receive about 21 stitches.When asked if they are still friends, the men respond ed in the affirmative. Hopkinson said that he would like Noel to compensate him $ 100,000. However, Noel told the court that he only had a $ 19,500, but would get the balance until Friday. Hahahhaha. I wonder how this bus conductor getting $100,000 by friday.......... No wonder "Oh lawd I sure the judge will see his ass back in there for theft or soliciting drugs in the near future." A hot ass mess
.

No comments: