Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Gay Madness & Heterosexual Pride

A Straight Pride Parade will roll out on August 31, 2008 in Crown Heights, Brooklyn, just one day ahead of the annual Caribbean Labor Day Parade.
In a press release sent out recently by members of the reggae community, who have organized this event as a response to gay groups coming down hard on some dancehall music; the parade was justified as being, "...a chance for Heterosexuals to gather together and proudly embrace their sexuality. The Parade will also allow reggae and dancehall fans who are in New York City for the Labor Day celebrations to get together and celebrate reggae, dancehall and family in love and unity. Adults are encouraged to bring their children along for the celebrations, as the event will be family oriented."
Not only have gay groups launched massive global advocacies against what they call reggae's long history of gay intolerance, they have also been successful in hitting artists hard, in the pocket, by pushing for show cancellations. Their aim is reportedly to stop reggae and dancehall artists from promoting anti-gay violence, harassment and bigotry through lyrics. The release said further: "Gay friends and gay relatives must be left at home or worse kept in the closet." I just keeping y'all informed as to what is going on in the Reggae community. We should have known that those lyrics like " bun chi chi man , dead" not gonna fly in the US with all those gay folk running around. I still don't understand why caribbean people have such a low tolerance for gays, it baffles me because we all know, GT is filled with them anyways , might as well accept it. I prefer to let them come out so I know who is who. (lol) Because I know of MANY men walking around GT with wives and whole ass load of pickney and they still running after MAN. I just keeping it real.

6 comments:

Megatron said...

I still don't understand why caribbean people have such a low tolerance for paedophiles, it baffles me because we all know, GT is filled with them anyways , might as well accept it.

Did that statement make sense? I didn't think so either. Just because a societal ill is rampant doesn't mean that it should be accepted.

Mu Mu and Sugar City said...

Okay then, where should I start. Don't take this the wrong way. I really appreciate your contributions to the articles. However you have just displayed the same ignorance I was referring to. I never once mentioned pedophiles. Don't get it twisted Gays are not Pedophiles, sick perverts who love to molest children whether male or female are termed pedophiles. The term pedophilia or paedophilia has a range of definitions as found in the DSM of Psychology." It is a psychological disorder in which an adult experiences a sexual preference for prepubescent children and has engaged or may engage in child sexual abuse. Referencing from the DSM again, pedophilia is a form of paraphilia in which a person either has acted on intense sexual urges towards children, or experiences recurrent sexual urges towards and fantasies about children that cause distress or interpersonal difficulty.Pedophiles demonstrate elevated sociopathy and a propensity for cognitive distortions. Now please in the future, differentiate between Pedophiles and Gays. Furthermore, if pedophiles are around I would want to know since they are the ones you need to be fearful of not Gays.
Hope you have a splendid day now... Bye bye

Anonymous said...

pedophiles, gays, battymen,etc, it doan matter. all ah dem are nasty fuckers that need to be shot on sight. period.

Megatron said...

My dear Mu Mu and Sugar City, please re-read my original comment. I have not confused the two deviant sexual preferences, but I am just saying that the prevalence of a social ill should not automatically lead to its acceptance (as you have suggested through your comment).

I used paedophilia in my example, but I could have easily said 'domestic violence' or 'driving while intoxicated' to prove my point.

Observe:

"I still don't understand why caribbean people have such a low tolerance for wife beaters and drunk drivers, it baffles me because we all know, GT is filled with them anyways , might as well accept it"

That statement didn't make logical sense, and neither did yours about homosexuality. It was/is against the law in many Caribbean countries for a reason.

Guyana Media Critic said...

correct is right mr.objective

Guyana Media Critic said...

correct is right mr.objective