Tuesday, July 15, 2008

"Grow more" not "Thief More"

I recently decided to take a look at the Guyana Times website, since Living Guyana always makes mention of it. I found an article published in last week's paper, talking about a man who thieving cherry. According to the Big shot newspaper "It was alleged that on July 7 at Camp Street, Rudolph Singh unlawfully and maliciously cut parts of a growing Suriname Cherry tree which is the property of Robert White." The accused claimed “I pick up two cherries and the man come and tell me the magistrate en tell you to pass here straight. He held on to me and took me to the police station and today they bring me to court.” ( laughing) I want to know , Like Guyana Times run out of stories to write so they actually waste their time to report, on a man who pick up two cherries. (laughs) With the price of food, even Topco fruit juices increase in price. with this rise in prices and the " Grow More" craze, a cherry worth as much as gold. "Lawd I never thought that the day would come when a man tek another to court for two cherries." I got to be careful, I was eying up my neighbour mango tree up to yesterday.

What even worse the prosecutor, Denise Griffith even asked, that bail be refused because she is afraid the accused will commit the same act. (giggles) what a joke holding a man for cherries.
What a damn shame !!!! I would understand if he took his tub and started selling from right under the tree on the road side , but damn two cherry.

No comments: