Friday, August 8, 2008

Adam Harris Responds !!!!!

Adam Harris, Guyana's Olympic hopeful, responded to our post taken from Orin Davidson's article in the Stabroek News .(see here) "Alright man. this actually is adam harris. and i got a bunch of my friends sendin me this blog. first off, i havnt updated my myspace profile in 2 years. second, im not going to be like the other people that come from the states and drop guyana when im done. unlike them i take pride in my roots, and i will proudly represent guyana, however i will not able to do so until im done with college because it interferes with my scholarship. AND as for being chased by the cops, it does not happen "on the regular" as a matter of fact it hasnt happened for about 5 years since i was in highschool, and liked the thrill of the chase with my friends. that was back when we were kids and enjoyed sneaking out of the house and things that kids do for fun. plus I'm sorry for takin fordes spot, i didn't even know till i read it in the newspaper...i even talked to my mom about how bad i felt. and i feel that with his ticket being punched he should have still been able to come." According to the Michigan Daily "But no one knew just how good he was until this year’s Big Ten Outdoor Championships. In that meet, Harris posted a world-class time of 20.75 seconds in the 200-meter dash, good enough to qualify for the U.S. Olympic trials. In Harris’s mind, the answer was simple. " he said “I just thought it’d be nice to run for my roots.” In all honesty I am sure he is genuine and knowing Guyanese people already , as soon as the race start they backing the Guyana man regardless of whether or not he ever set foot in GT. That is just how it is, I know my ass would be jumping up and down for him, once he wearing GT colors. When all is said and done , if he does medal or perform well, everyone will be claiming he is Guyanese and got Guyanese blood in him. Y'all know we Guyanese love to claim people, once they become famous and thing. (click here for examples) I just keeping it real and by the way kudos to Adam Harris...

No comments: