Monday, August 18, 2008

Pompey did Good.

I tuned in the Olympics yesterday and all the blasted people talking about is USA runners non stop. Anyways, it was one of the Women's 400 m semi finals, and to my surprise I realize Guyana was being represented. Alianna Pompey ran her ass off, she started so good, even the commentators who didn't even mention her name at the start up line, started to comment on "Pomp-hay running good and Pomp-hay from Guyana is coming around the turn strong" the commentator even forgot about her US athlete, that she was bigging up before the race. In actuality Pompey ran a strong 200 meters but on the straight away she was in second place then drifted to third then, when they were at the 50 m mark she faded into fourth. However she really ran well, she even beat the American chick that the commentators were bigging up at the starting line. She really did good and I am proud of her, she made it into the semis and even made the commentators take notice of her. Sadly I don't think she made it into the finals, because the top two moved on to the finals. However I have to say, Kudos to you Miss Pompey!!!!! the best Guyanese performance I've seen so far. To have a look at the times she ran click here.

No comments: